Working script to produce a debian chroot for usb
Jhon Diaz
2017-07-24 01:32:40 UTC
Well i did it
https://github.com/electimon/xobuild
It makes a debian squeeze system with lxde installed in
/tmp/xobuild.0/build/ just copy it to your ext3 formatted drive the
password is olpc with a user named olpc
its in alpha so please report any bugs if it doesn't work for you.
Im adding more options hopefully supporting ubuntu and opensuse later on.
Sebastian Silva
2017-07-24 02:27:23 UTC
Squeeze? :-/ That's Debian 6, which was supported until Feb 2016.

That doesn't help much. Also you don't say what model XO this is for.

I'd be very interested in a Debian 9 builder that one could install with
the game buttons on XO1 and 1.5. There are still many of those in Peru.

Regards,

Sebastian
James Cameron
2017-07-24 02:46:46 UTC
There's a Debian 8 (Jessie) guide on the Wiki.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Debian_Jessie_on_XO

Agreed, Debian 9 (Stretch) is minimal version now, so I cannot
recommend Jhon's Debian 6 (Squeeze) method as it is unsupported and
has security vulnerabilities. It should be updated to Stretch.

An image installable with the "four game key buttons held down" method
will require either;

- signing with the deployment keys,

- injecting new deployment keys, or;

- signing for the built-in OLPC keys.

I'll be happy to sign an image of Debian 9 if it can be reproduced
simply, has our actrd.zip file in /boot, and has Sugar or MATE
desktops.
http://quozl.netrek.org/