Result of test activities on Sugar 0.94.1
Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
2012-01-15 02:15:37 UTC
Hi,
Some days ago I make a complete list of the activities of the SugarLabs page...
Now, I make a test of the activities that only have compatibility with old sugar (from 0.82 to 0.88)
There are 81 activities that "runs to 0.90 or 0.92" that need to be testeds.
I think that this activities works good... Between 0.90 to 0.94 not are some changes in Sugar...
Only test public activities. The "experimental" are 82. And without page: 38.
Most of the activities run correct in 0.94.1 (Ensamble 883 - Firmware: Q2E48).
The major problem is that sugar changes, and the developers can't follow the train...In some activities, when you use the mouse, and request it, the value x, y were integers.. now, arefloat.. the same problem in another things of the screen.. that waiting a integer and have a float..
I have an activity: "Conozco Alimentos" that have that problem.. When I make it, not have thisproblem.. In the "I know America", I fix it...
Another problem with SugarLabs page: you need make "another version" to can select betweenthat Sugar works...
Well.. the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntaXnq4oy2_dHpvZHhLeGRQYzc1cDlRZU9Mc1NldGc
The column "enters" means if you can enters to the activity: the red means that have error while load...or directly: not load never..
The column "notes" have the comments for each activity. When I said: "log with some inecessary information"I try to say that not are errors, but are some information that not are useful.
I await your comments...
Regards!
Alan
Walter Bender
2012-01-15 03:09:41 UTC
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some days ago I make a complete list of the activities of the SugarLabs
> page...
>
> Now, I make a test of the activities that only have compatibility with old
> sugar (from 0.82 to 0.88)
>
> There are 81 activities that "runs to 0.90 or 0.92" that need to be testeds.
>
> I think that this activities works good... Between 0.90 to 0.94 not are some
> changes in Sugar...
>
> Only test public activities. The "experimental" are 82. And without page:
> 38.
>
> Most of the activities run correct in 0.94.1 (Ensamble 883 - Firmware:
> Q2E48).
>
> The major problem is that sugar changes, and the developers can't follow the
> train...
> In some activities, when you use the mouse, and request it, the value x, y
> were integers.. now, are
> float.. the same problem in another things of the screen.. that waiting a
> integer and have a float..
>
> I have an activity: "Conozco Alimentos" that have that problem.. When I make
> it, not have this
> problem.. In the "I know America", I fix it...
>
> Another problem with SugarLabs page: you need make "another version" to can
> select between
> that Sugar works...
>
> Well.. the list:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntaXnq4oy2_dHpvZHhLeGRQYzc1cDlRZU9Mc1NldGc
>
> The column "enters" means if you can enters to the activity: the red means
> that have error while load...
> or directly: not load never..
>
> The column "notes" have the comments for each activity. When I said: "log
> with some inecessary information"
> I try to say that not are errors, but are some information that not are
> useful.
>
> I await your comments...

We should divide and conquer the broken activities... maybe a new
column in your spread sheet where we can sign up to fix activities?

-walter

> Regards!
>
> Alan

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org
Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
2012-01-15 03:14:39 UTC
> We should divide and conquer the broken activities... maybe a new
> column in your spread sheet where we can sign up to fix activities?

I add one column with the title "someone to fix it"... And let to all can modify...
In the case of my activity: "Conozco Alimentos" I can fix easy... I put my name in the column..
Thomas C Gilliard
2012-01-15 03:27:48 UTC
Alan:

This is a very nice set of tests.

Since I last responded to your previous set of tests; I have continued
to work on very recent activities versus Soas-v5; Trisquel 5 Sugar
(Toast) and SoaS-v6 using a live CD and XO-1 and XO-1.5 with the latest
software. [1]

I tested activities using the contents of the ASLOxo CD [2] plus the
current new activities announced on the
sugar-***@lists.sugarlabs.org loaded in a 8GB USB-stick.
This is work is still in progress.

Older versions of SoaS v1-SoaS-v4 activity tests, that were done over a
year ago, are located here [3]

I hope somehow that our work can get consolidated.
This information is very important for the community.

Cordially;

Tom Gilliard
satellit_ on #sugar IRC

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/Activity_Matrix#Most_Recent-Activity_Test_Results
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#ASLOxo-6
[3]http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/Activity_Matrix

Thomas C Gilliard
2012-01-19 04:31:14 UTC
Alan

Hi - Today I added activity tests for XO-1 and XO-1.5 (os 883; sugar
0.94.1 ) here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/Activity_Matrix#Most_Recent-Activity_Test_Results

These include many on the ASLOxo6-2 CD transferred to a 4GB USB-stick
http://download.sugarlabs.org/images/ASLOxo6-2.iso

I also entered some of the os883 0.94.1 activity testing results into a
new column on your google spreadsheet.

Cordially;

Tom Giliard
satellit_ on #sugar

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
2012-01-19 06:01:34 UTC
Good!
But now... someone will do something with this information?
Or our work was for nothing?

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:31:14 -0800
From: ***@bendbroadband.com
To: ***@hotmail.com
CC: ***@lists.laptop.org; sugar-***@lists.sugarlabs.org; ***@lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] Result of test activities on Sugar 0.94.1

Alan
Chris Leonard
2012-01-19 11:49:53 UTC
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good!
>
> But now... someone will do something with this information?
>
> Or our work was for nothing?

I believe Hernan Pachas expressed interest in using this sort of
information for the formulation of Peru's next image.

I think the Activity Team may find uses for the information in this form.

I will certainly be using the i18n / L10n information to investigate
the possibility of soliciting more PO files for the Honey project by
pestering developers about i18n.

I hope someone has posted about this to the testing list as I suspect
our friends in the New Zealand testing crew would find such a
spreadsheet useful in their own work,

IMHO, compilations of information like this tend to have value that is
not always immediately apparent and it is important that they be
discoverable (e.g .linked from the correct places in the wikis). It
is also important tha tthey be easy to keep current to maintain their
value over time.

Thank you (both Alan and Tom) for the work you've put into this.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator
Tabitha Roder
2012-01-20 09:11:38 UTC
On 20 January 2012 00:49, Chris Leonard <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will certainly be using the i18n / L10n information to investigate
> the possibility of soliciting more PO files for the Honey project by
> pestering developers about i18n.
>
> I hope someone has posted about this to the testing list as I suspect
> our friends in the New Zealand testing crew would find such a
> spreadsheet useful in their own work,

Hi cjl
New Zealand are following this conversation ;-)
Tabitha
Gonzalo Odiard
2012-01-19 14:09:28 UTC
I agree with Chris, this is a good job, but will take time to the developers
to use it.

There are a few things you can do to help:

* Create a page in the wiki explaining what you did and pointing to the
google doc,
if not will be lost in the mailing list.

* You can request be a Editor in ASLO, and change the compatibility field
in the activities
you know are working. (I think "Rafael" <***@gmail.com> or "Aleksey Lim"
<***@activitycentral.org>
can give you permissions)

Thanks for doing this work, don't give up! :)

Gonzalo

Thomas C Gilliard
2012-01-19 14:31:10 UTC
On 01/19/2012 06:09 AM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I agree with Chris, this is a good job, but will take time to the
> developers
> to use it.
>
> There are a few things you can do to help:
>
> * Create a page in the wiki explaining what you did and pointing to
> the google doc,
> if not will be lost in the mailing list.

I just elevated this to a separate heading in the sugarlabs wiki:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Activity_Testing

Shows both lists.
-Google Spread sheet (Authored by Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn ) XO-1 (os833
sugar 0.94.1)
-Wiki sheet with up to date testing of activities on XO-1 and XO-1.5
(os833 sugar 0.94.1) plus Soasv5; SoaSv6; and Trisquel 5 Sugar.

Tom Gilliard
satellit_

Walter Bender
2012-01-19 17:21:18 UTC
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good!
>
> But now... someone will do something with this information?
>
> Or our work was for nothing?

Hey. You motivated me to fix StarChart :)

Not for nothing.

-walter

> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:31:14 -0800
> From: ***@bendbroadband.com
> To: ***@hotmail.com
> CC: ***@lists.laptop.org; sugar-***@lists.sugarlabs.org;
> ***@lists.sugarlabs.org
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] Result of test activities on Sugar 0.94.1
>

> Alan
>
> Hi - Today I added activity tests for XO-1 and XO-1.5 (os 883; sugar 0.94.1
> ) here:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/Activity_Matrix#Most_Recent-Activity_Test_Results
>
>  These include many on the ASLOxo6-2 CD transferred to a 4GB USB-stick
>  http://download.sugarlabs.org/images/ASLOxo6-2.iso
>
> I also entered some of the os883 0.94.1 activity testing results into a new
> column on your google spreadsheet.
>
> Cordially;
>
> Tom Giliard
> satellit_ on #sugar
>
> On 01/14/2012 06:15 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Some days ago I make a complete list of the activities of the SugarLabs
> page...
>
> Now, I make a test of the activities that only have compatibility with old
> sugar (from 0.82 to 0.88)
>
> There are 81 activities that "runs to 0.90 or 0.92" that need to be testeds.
>
> I think that this activities works good... Between 0.90 to 0.94 not are some
> changes in Sugar...
>
> Only test public activities. The "experimental" are 82. And without page:
> 38.
>
> Most of the activities run correct in 0.94.1 (Ensamble 883 - Firmware:
> Q2E48).
>
> The major problem is that sugar changes, and the developers can't follow the
> train...
> In some activities, when you use the mouse, and request it, the value x, y
> were integers.. now, are
> float.. the same problem in another things of the screen.. that waiting a
> integer and have a float..
>
> I have an activity: "Conozco Alimentos" that have that problem.. When I make
> it, not have this
> problem.. In the "I know America", I fix it...
>
> Another problem with SugarLabs page: you need make "another version" to can
> select between
> that Sugar works...
>
> Well.. the list:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntaXnq4oy2_dHpvZHhLeGRQYzc1cDlRZU9Mc1NldGc
>
> The column "enters" means if you can enters to the activity: the red means
> that have error while load...
> or directly: not load never..
>
> The column "notes" have the comments for each activity. When I said: "log
> with some inecessary information"
> I try to say that not are errors, but are some information that not are
> useful.
>
> I await your comments...
>
> Regards!
>
> Alan